Job Reference: SC/HQ51500
Job Duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
* Retail and Online Store Demand Planner - Technology
* Â£135 per day PAYE - salary equivalent of Â£35,000 per annum
* Initial contract until 30thJune 2024 but could extend to a full 18 months subject to extension
* Hybrid working - 2 days per week in their Offices in Paddington, London 3 days remote
Working for a world recognised multi-billion-dollar Technology Company we are looking foran experienced Demand Planner to join their Consumer Sales Team.
The Consumer Sales Team puts the consumer at the centre, helping them discover, learn, and buy through direct and partner channels.
To fuel continued growth, we are seeking an Online Stores Demand Planner for our EMEA markets.
As a member of the team, you'll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation and impacting billions of lives around the world. You also will be a part ofa culture centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
If that appeals to you, it's an exciting time to join this outstanding company and team.
Key Business Objective
Develop product demand forecasts and manage item life cycle and inventory controls to ensure the Online Store can realize our revenue and profit goals. Demonstrated by achieving an In-Stock Percentage of 99.0% and inventory growth at half of revenue growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Develop and maintain the 6 month rolling forecasts for the Consumer Electronics product category. This forecast will be developed at a SKU level and revised/analysed weekly.
* Managing forward selling system tools by ensuring out of stock SKUs are made available to order based upon committed future inbounds during all stages of product lifecycle.
* Ensuring product transitions are managed effectively by highlighting any major risks on products (end of life) as well as ensuring all new launch products are planned and forecasted as required.
* Determine initial purchase quantity, and rebuy quantities, for all SKUs to enable us to achieve/exceed our financial revenue goals
* Ensure purchase plan aligns with our inventory management goals (turns, weeks of supply) while staying within agreed inventory parameters
* Assemble and analyse all data pertinent to reflect impact of promotions, pricing changes, seasonality, new Store businessmodels/partnerships, and other factors to develop continually improving future forecasts.
* Partner closely with category managers and Online Store Leads to ensure forecast and buy plan reflect future promotions
* Develop financial forecasts by category/sub-category/area to support quarterly financial forecasting rhythm and annual budget process.
* Identifying sales opportunities from excess stock to both category managers and online store leads.
* Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach.
* Develop and track key forecasting KPI's, such as forecast and mix accuracy, on a monthly basis.
* Trackcustomer returns rates by product. Partner with the category manager to ensure our returns allowances are reasonable and are effectively being maximized.
* Partner closely with Supply Chain teams to ensure 99.0% In Stock Percentage metric at a SKU/outletlevel and monitoring this using the tools available.
* Establish and utilize best practices (statistical models and softwaretools) in creating forecasts
* Make recommended adjustments to forecast based on changes in demand and market trends.
* Track forecast accuracy performance on weekly basis and drive continual improvement where possible.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS* BS/BA in Accounting, Business, Supply Chain Management or related area
* A minimum of 2 years demand planning or supply chain experience would be ideal
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Strong analytical capabilities
* Strong knowledge of demand planning process within a Retail environment
* Previous experience working directly with vendors, merchants, and supply chain organizations
* Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
* Good communication and Team building skills
* Highly detail oriented
* Effective in a fast paced, changing environment
* Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
Industry: Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Salary: Â£130 - Â£135 per day
Vacancy Type: Contract
Job Skills: Demand planner, demand planning, logistics, supply chain, forecasting, stock management
Contact Name: Samantha Cole
Direct Application URL: -