Job Reference: BBBH29930
Start date: ASAP
Our client have an exciting opportunity for an Controls Engineer/ PLC Programmer to oversee the development of state of theart power-driven machinery out on site.
With the company's success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the work force on site in. They are a market leader within a highly profitable industry and are looking forward to another successful year within this marketplace. The business has shown consistent growth and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets.
Electrical Panel Design
* Attend design meetings/reviews of new/revised design proposals
* Prepare layout drawings, design documents (power usage, loads) and specifications* Improve and update existing designs to ensure the design meets all relevant health and safety requirement & compliance with European directives
* Create CAD drawings using Engineering Base software and co-ordinate the design with other parties
*Prepare drawings for sub-contractors both in UK and overseas, carry out liaison work with sub-contractors including resolving issues in the design and its interpretation.
* Prepare process / ladder diagrams for programming requirements
* PLC programming typically using Siemens TIA Portal (V13 and above) and S7 1200 series PLC
* Program revisions & upgrades
* Documentation and version control of programs
* Ensure programming software appropriate and up to date
* Provideinput and advice to the manufacturing / commissioning teams during build and installation of the project on-site
* Using remote access to PLCs/HMIs to provide diagnostic support to service engineers.
Qualifications & experience
* Academic qualifications of minimum HND, potentially a degree in engineering
* Engineering design experience, ideally in a machine build environment or similar capacity requiring a broad engineering knowledge
* Familiarity with pneumatics, electric motors & electronic control systems
* 5 years minimum experience with PLC programming
* Experience of programming Siemens essential
*Knowledge of relevant electrical / machine regulations & directives
* Experience in Machine Building would be advantageousPackage
Salary: Â£32-37k, depending on experience.
Holiday: 22 days, + bank holidays - increasing each year.
Hours: Basic hours 08.30 am - 4.30 pm Monday - Thursday; 8.30 am - 4.00 pm Friday.
Salary: Â£32000 - Â£37000 per annum
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Job Skills: -
Contact Name: Katie Wrighton
Direct Application URL: -