2 day Paediatric Syllabus
This qualification provides the knowledge and skills for first aiders working in early years environments. Learners will gain the knowledge, skills and understanding of paediatric first aid as outlined by the Department of Education, September 2016.
- This qualification is for those over 16 years of age.
- It is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Attendees will be required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore be physically capable of doing so.
This course meets and exceeds the requirements laid down by Ofsted, EYFS for people needing a 2 day, 12 contact hours First Aid course for Adult, infant and child. It will be of particular interest to teachers, childminders, crèche assistants, playgroup personnel and anyone else who has a responsibility for their welfare whilst in your care.
This course can be taught as a Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Duration: This course covers at least 12 hours of training
The training is always the same regardless of the certificate you choose. Both certificate options include a First Aid Manual and a First Aid training pack
Please contact us to enquire about holding a course at your own venue or workplace or for a competitive quote for smaller groups.
Course content includes:
- The roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Priorities of First Aid
- First Aid Kits
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR and AED
- Fitting and seizures
- Anaphylactic shock and the use of an Auto injector pen
- Shock and Bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Head injuries, concussion, compression & skull fracture
- Breaks, soft tissue injuries & dislocations
- Bites and Stings
- Extremes of heat
- Extremes of cold
- Febrile Convulsions
- Spinal Injuries
- Foreign bodies in ears, nose and eyes
- Removing Splitiners
- Sickle Cell
Continuous assessment by trainer, practical assessments to cover wound management, care of an unconscious casualty, CPR, choking and a multiple choice paper (if you have chosen the RQF externally assessed certificate), Please note that this course is practical and candiates will be required to demostrate practical first aid skills. Candadates are also advised to alert the trainer if you have any medical issues /injuries and illiness and learning difficulties that would effect your particpation on the course. Reasonable adjustments can be put into place.
Upon completion of this course, students will receive a standard First Aid Training Certificate or a RQF certificate valid for 3 years.
In order to retain their First Aid qualification, students will need to attend another 12 hour course and receive certification for a further 3 Years.
The HSE strongly recommends that all First Aiders complete an annual refresher course to keep their skills up to date and in line with any changes in First Aid procedures.
We offer refresher courses to keep your knowledge up to date.
Timings: Please note that the timings are 10-5 on both days, this is to allow for 6 hrs of teaching on both the days (with breaks built in). Thank you
Adelaide Avenue London, SE4 1LE