Job Reference: FRS45036
FRS Recruitmentis partnering with a large-scale farm based in the United Arab Emirates and seeking applications for the role of Veterinarian.For this role you will hold a relevant Degree in Veterinary Medicine and 1 - 2 years post graduate experience with large farm animals (with experience on Irish Farms essential). We will also consider recent graduates.
Sector: Agri, Agriculture, Farm, Dairy, Vet, Veterinarian
Location: United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Salary: 65 - 70k euro (Tax Free), Accommodation provided
* Develops and administers ongoing testing protocol for disease monitoring, disease susceptibility and prevention, and vaccination programs.
* Monitors performance and recommends adjustments in programs, policies and procedures to improve performance in a safe and cost-effective manner
* Defines AI protocol
* Collaborate with other veterinarians for medical procedures
* Monitor and reviews animal health status and takes corrective action
* Advises Head, Cow Farm Operations on ways to improve milk productivity and reduce cow mortality
* Remain informed of cow healthcare advances and best practices; communicate opportunities for improvement to appropriate managers and leaders
* Conduct medicalinspection and suggest remedial actions in complex cases
* Trains stockmen (health and breeder) on health management and breeding procedures and techniques
* Issue certification on whole herd health assessment for use by Finance for insurance purposes* Perform dry-off procedure (administration of anti-biotics in mammarian glands)
* Relevant DVM degree is essential
* Preferred: 1- 2 years post graduate experience with large farm animals
* Previous experience on Irish Farms is essential
* International experience would be an advantage
* Familiar with modern developments in large dairy healthproduction & medicine
* Ambitious, self-motivated and dedicated.
Please email your CV through the attached link
Please note FRS will never disclose your details to your 3rd party without your prior consent.
FRS guaranteed100 % confidentiality at all time.
N.B. Due to the High Volume of applications only candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted
Industry: Agriculture Fishing and Forestry
Salary: €65000 - €70000 per annum
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Job Skills: -
Contact Name: Gerard Farrell
Direct Application URL: -