Job Reference: FRS43580
Start date: ASAP
Pharmacy Technician - Dublin 14
This is a full-time position, with some evening work required but rotated fairly across the team. Working with strong support. Only candidates with a minimum of 2 years experience in Irish retail pharmacy need apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:ÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Â
* Dispensing and preparing walk-in prescriptions and monthly medication orders in advance of the next cycle. Contacting doctors for prescriptions where necessary, while keeping in line with current legal regulations
* To accurately receive, record and assemble prescriptions, issue the appropriate receipts and inform the Pharmacists of any changes in drug therapy and interactions between prescribed medications
* Keeping up to date with all filing, archiving and admin
* Processing month-end claims, verifyingall schemes; DPS, LTI, HT, EM, GMS, hardship and psych and ensuring all coded and non-coded items are claimed for correctly andefficiently to meet the PCRS deadline.
* Ordering stock from correct suppliers and verifying receipt of same; maintains workable stock levels; anticipating needed medications & supplies; removing outdated drugs
* Advising customers on medication and OTC products in a professional and empathetic manner.
* Liaising with doctors and other healthcare professionals in regardsto medication compliance and accuracy.
* To serve customers over the counter medicines and other pharmacy products as required
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
* IPU Pharmacy Technician course or Higher Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Studies.
* 2 years of pharmacy experience in a pharmacy technician role is preferable
* Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills
* Good attention to detail is essential
* Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task successfully in a busy and challenging environment.
* Cashier experience an advantage.
* Ability to use discretion whenaddressing customer queries and to treat customer/patient information with strict confidentiality.
* IT skills would be an advantage with MPS experience.
For further details, please contact Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician, Community Pharmacy, South Dublin
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Job Skills: Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy, Technician
Contact Name: Brian Mahon
Direct Application URL: -