Job Reference: FRS58145
Start date: ASAP
Supervising Pharmacist - Galway City
This position will be working 5 days over 6, no late nights or Sundays. Please click on the job title below to view the Job Description or contact me to discuss other pharmacy roles nationally.
Duties and Responsibilities:ÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Â
* Tostrictly observe the statutory regulations relating to the supply of medicinal products as per the Pharmacy Act 2007.
* To adhere to dispensing standard operating procedures and ensure maintenance of the appropriate records and hygiene within the pharmacy as per the Pharmacy Act 2008.
* To ensure that any issues of a Health and Safety nature are brought to the attention of themanaging pharmacist.
* To fulfil the required advisory role in relation to over-the-counter medicines and ensure that staff on the medicine counter are aware of the procedure for counter prescribing and their limitations.
* Ensure that the proper procedure for the various Department of Health Schemes e.g. DPS, LTI, GMS is carried out and that they are kept up to date, submitted properly at the end of each month and payment is reconciled as set down by Company Procedures.
* Maintain appropriate stocklevels in the Pharmacy ensuring the correct storage and monitoring of dated products.
* Assume full responsibility during theabsence of the Pharmacist for supervising the pharmacy in the provision of medicinal products.
* To ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager.
* To ensure while on duty the highest standards of care and service are delivered.
* To understand, support and participate in the retail operation of the Pharmacy.
* To participate in training and development programmes provided by the pharmacy.
* To keep abreast of all changes to registration and PSI practice guidance.
* Any other duties as required
Leadership & Teamwork* Provide support to other stakeholders within the pharmacy to ensure the delivery of company goals.
* This role requiresa high level of pro-activity and an ability to work on own initiative.
* Build positive relationships with others in the pharmacy to create a positive working environment.
* Participate in staff training programmes and implementation and be proactive in developing the role function.
* Giving education & training programmes within the Pharmacy.
* To assist the managing pharmacist in programmes of health promotion and the implementation of pharmaceutical care.
Please contact Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacist, Community Pharmacist, Supervising Pharmacist, Relief Pharmacist, Locum Pharmacist, Galway
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Job Skills: Support Pharmacist, MP, SP, Community Pharmacist, Pharmacist, Relief Pharmacist
Contact Name: Brian Mahon
Direct Application URL: -