Job Reference: FRS57125
Start date: ASAP
Main purpose of the role
To uphold the clients ethos and values in the role of principle person responsible for the day to day management of the Community. Ensuring the Community provides residential and person-centered support where individuals supported by the Community enjoy an environment that is safe and provides an excellent quality of life where individuals achieve their ambitions.
Working with staff and coworkers to develop and plan all aspects of the service that promote quality for both services users and coworkers meeting Health Information & Quality Authority standards.
Providing leadership to the Community and line management to those working within the Community.
Ensuring the Community operates effectively and sustainably, building on the clients ethos to offer an inspiring model of social enterprise and community building involving disabled adults.
This job description describes the roles and responsibilities ascurrently envisaged. These may change over time in the light of changing circumstances or developments within the national disability sector programme.
A minimum of a Level 7 on the QQI Framework - BA in Social Care Studies, Social Care Management or equivalent relevant qualification in Health or Social Care.
Post graduate qualification ideally in Social Care Management or Management Qualification.
Candidates must possess the competencies and skills appropriate to working with persons with an intellectual disability.
The client reserves the right to determine relevant qualifications for the post. Please see Person Specification for further details.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Person in Charge will:
Governance and Leadership
* Report regularly to the national Senior Management Team (SMT) on the functioning of, and developments, within the Community.
* Provide strategic advice and guidance to the SMT and Regional Manager in respect of the Community's business.
* Provide leadership to the Community and line management to those working within the management group ensuring they have the skills, knowledge, resources and motivation to fulfill their responsibilities and are able to similarly manage and support members of their work group.
* Direct and control the work and resources of the Community collaboratively in accordance withthe business plan and agreed policies and procedures of the Community.
* Ensure the Community maintains excellent working relationships with the HSE and the requirements of its Service Agreement. That it complies with HIQA standards
and reporting requirements. That it demonstrates continuous Improvement through review and audit.
*Be accountable for the overall provision of service, work collaboratively and ensure all staff are fully supported to carry outtheir responsibilities, inclusive of a Designated Centre, Supported Living Accommodation and a Day Service.
* To ensure that'no tolerance' to abuse is the prevailing culture underpinning service and supports to people.
* Ensure the highest quality service is delivered in a way that is aligned to the clients ethos and values ensuring the Community has appropriate and up to date policies and procedures in place to meet regulatory requirements.
* Effectively manage change; develop, implement and reviewbusiness plans annually following consultation with coworkers, and residents.
* Ensure there is effective record-keeping, monitoring, reviewing and reporting in order to support the effective and orderly functioning of the Community and fulfill the reporting requirements of funders, regulators, and the SMT.
* Have overall responsibility for the management of risk throughout the Community ensuring health and safety standards are met at all times. Ensure the Community provides a safe, secure, and good quality of life for those living and supported by the Community.
* Ensure the Community investigates and respond to complaints,including adult and child protection concerns, in line with organizational policies and procedures.
* Ensure a high quality oflife for individuals in the community, clarity of goals and aims through good quality assessments, person centered (personal) plans, health promotion, reviews, support plans (care plans) and personal risk assessments as appropriate.
* Enable and supportresidents to have choice and control in their lives, develop citizenship and maintain relationships with friends and families including accessing advocates and other professional support as maybe appropriate.
* Have an excellent knowledge of the registered care and Supporting People standards.
* Work collaboratively with other community organizations, innovation programmes andnational initiatives to provide new opportunities to people supported in day and residential settings.
*Ensure there is clear communication with all staff and there are appropriate and effective systems in place for engagement and consultation within the Community.
* Ensure the staffing levels and skills mix meet the dependency needs of residents and otherpersons supported and ensure staff rosters are in place.
* To identify and address training needs within the community.
* Take part in the on-call system and provide cover when required.
* Review staffing levels and skills mix regularly and change them as and when necessary to meet the assessed needs of each particular resident.
* Ensure staffing levels are driven primarily by the need to achieve optimal health and quality of life outcomes for residents.
* Ensure recruitment and management of staff and co-workers is in line with legislative and good practice requirements and follows policy and procedure.
Please contact Ashley on 086 103 8545 for more information.
Industry: Not for Profit and Charities
Salary: €40764 - €48465 per annum
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Job Skills: Social Care Work, Team Leader - International movement , BA in social care
Contact Name: Ashley Egan
Direct Application URL: -